Vision and Ethos
The school, through its curriculum, strives to develop children in the fullest possible way: intellectually, morally, socially, and personally.
In making education special Jane Lane School aims:
- To enable pupils to enjoy learning and achieving through the provision of a wide range of activities and experiences. To enable pupils to lead healthy lifestyles.
- To ensure every pupil can keep themselves safe both in and out of school.
- To foster an understanding of social moral spiritual and cultural values, with focus on contributing to the community.
- To learn about British Values and understand the importance of them.
- To prepare pupils for adult life promoting independence, citizenship, work related skills, and the key skills which promote economic well-being.
- To provide access to a wide range of rich and motivating learning opportunities including, external visits and effective and efficient use of all available resources.
- To work collaboratively with parents/carers to ensure the progress and achievement of their child.
- To develop close working relationships with mainstream schools and the wider community to enhance the opportunities for inclusion.
- To further develop the role of the school as a centre of excellence in the context of specialist provision within Walsall.
- To ensure that staff develop and share expertise through training and research to support special educational provision.
- To promote positive attitudes towards lifelong learning among the pupils, staff, parents and IEB. In addition encourage parents to participate in training and learning opportunities (where possible).
- To create a welcoming environment that recognises and celebrates the contributions of all its members and reflects the expectations of parents, the community and society.